Did you think the Treehouse was looking sad and forlorn? A thousand apologies delivered by dancing fairies, upon my soul! It was just time to do some battery re-charging. And foot mending...Crazy-I started January 2009 off with a fractured foot (which i didn't know was fractured until the x-rays for this trip hop came back) and now in December what appears to be a fabulously well-sprained ankle. Do you know that's how I found all of you? Vanessa first, after I did the cranberry can-can, and then started reading your comments on her blog. So, who can be mad when the foot gives way to a Fanciful Twist indeed? Hee.
So this go round, er, fall down, having this time off from daily stateworkery obligations, and mundane chores, has been bliss. Well, some bliss, and some gimme time to think thoughtful thought lessons, like:
- Family and friends (yes you Veevala and Debby and Cori G and Jamie and Laura...) aren't just rays of sunshine, you ARE the light ♥
- Working for money for needful thingz may be important, but not to the point that you forget who you are or what your true song to be sung is. If at all possible, one should strive for happy joyful noises every day no matter what. Even if you only get to sing your chorus. Its a choice- Hum it under your breath barely heard or belt it out Karaoke style....
- Taking time to read books and blogs (and get lost in other ideas and worlds) and writing stories and posts (to give life to other ideas and worlds) is as important to me as coffee. Good coffee. Like the kind that is grown on a sacred mountain and picked by virigin nuns and monks who have bathed in the light of heaven prior to picking the beans.
- That Neil Gaiman is my favorite author of 2009, and a dream boat (you can have your Johnny Depp, girls, Mr G is yummy). I had me a Neil Gaiman Christmas, with books of his, old and new, i had yet to acquire, and Coraline in 3D.... and a fabulous moment when Lost Boys and my Mommy Goddess and Cowboy sat in the living room, watching the movie with me, in the dark, in our 3D glasses) Mr G (that's my nickname for him, a tender whatsit for him only) is rightfully and hereby forever in a place of honor as of one of Roo's true loves, like this guy and this guy ....
- And the biggie, a gentle reminder.......the universe gives you what you ask for, so be grateful...and it wouldn't hurt to be specific. (I think I should maybe have mentioned to universe, that I would like time off my job without the hobble)
So everyone join me and the little lovelies in some good juju love:
and last but no least at the very least, a big ol gushy sloppy but full of love love love THANK YOU to all who joined in the Vanessa birthday bash, I really do thank you from the top and sides and bottom and center of my heart. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Now, I really most go and catch up on everyone's blog and wish everyone a happy new year and make some of Vanessa's FABULOUS paper hats or even tiaras! Like Somepinkflowers suggested in her comment, we can start a super cool crown wearing revolution!
(I vote for mittens and scarfs too)
MWHAAAHHHHHHH Kissy Kissy Twinklestars!