Hi Twinklestars! Is my crown on straight? Whew! The whirlwind days of fall are here-we've had a tropical storm whatsis, Halloween (and parties galore), and Day of the Dead. Now I'm writing a novel (for real!), working like crazy at work, plus at work and at home there are festivities to plan, families to adopt, gift lists and purchases and wrapping to start, and holiday decorating to revel in! Oh...and a little thing called Thanksgiving! And that is why I feel justified in wearing my Queen of Everything Award Crown, hee hee!
But even when the world takes over my 24 hours and I just cant seem to make it to the PC to say hey, you all still love me! Yes, it's true! So much, that you even give me *multiple* AWARDS!!! (How beautiful are ya'll, I ask?) These 1st two awards are from gorgeous Deborah over at Midlife Poet , who just happens to be the proud Mommy Goddess of some of my favorite thing-er, people, um--ok, well, first there's Milo:
(Picture of Milo stolen from Deb's blog, stolen from my blog, although I stole-so er, um.)
And let's give a shout out to SPC Ryan on Veteran's Day-Hip Hip Hoorah! Congratulations on your well deserved promotion! We are proud of you, and appreciate you, and are humbled by your commitment and support and protective soul ! God Bless You!
Like Deborah, I am awarding any of you who are reading my blog with the "Queen of All Things" and "Circle of Friends" awards, because chances are, you're a multi-tasker can do magic elf who sprinkles word love like butterfly kisses while baking cupcakes and whipping up stupendous crafts or other creative sensations and posting gorgeous pictures and generally making me laugh or cry or my heart swell with love and happiness! :-)
(Aw, take the beam of sunlight too, okay? )
This next bit o' love was given to me by the Lovely and Delicious and often hilarious fellow Floridian Alix over at Casa Hice, where every day's a party (and there's a crazy guy named Garret-read the comments on her posts, too, they are wicked!)
I think I'm to share/reveal ten honest things about me:
1. I secretly fear Dr. Phil.
2. In the "hey, that's a bad combination" department, I'm a germaphobe who works for the Department of Health.
3. In a truly painfully honest bit of scrappy news,I am not crafty. I have drawers and shelves and jars devoted to the art of craftiness, but when it comes right down to it, I'm still in the crayon and Elmer's glue stage.
4. However, I do honestly believe there's a book or two inside of me patiently waiting to get out.
5. Ok, there's a fine line between honesty and secrets right? But I'll tell you, anyway-sometimes, in the shower, I give my Pulitzer Prize acceptance speech.
6. Well, and then there's the interview with Oprah, too.
7.I get the giggles at the most inappropriate times-meeting the Governor, presenting on a conference call, during a funeral....
8. I love old movies, especially black and whites, because I love the suspense and glamour and intrigue..oh those houses, the decor, the loveliness of shimmering silk! I can quote line after line from alot of these films, but the majority of today's movies I've forgotten before the credits are done rolling.
9. I'm a really bad vegetarian. Mostly because I eat meat. Not red meat ever. No pork. And not alot mind you, but turkeys, well. Sometimes they just must be eaten.
10. My house is a messy messy mess 75% of the time. SORRY MARTHA!
So now I pick seven peeps to bestow this honor upon. If I pick you and you don't do awards, s'alright, just let me know, and I'll make you "honorary" okay? I'm trying to pick peeps that I don't think have received this award (or at least, it's not on the sidebar or not listed under "awards" for categories on their blog), so we can get some good dirt-I mean, learn more about them:
1. Deborah at Midlife Poet
2. Cori G at Gingerbread Crumbs and Company
3. Jamie at A Forest Frolic4. Maggi at Just Add Glitter and Stir
5. Laura at Rhinestone Armadillo
6. LuLu at Coastal Sisters News
7. Karen Jasper and Emily Rabbit at OPTIONS Associates
Of course the esteemed incredibly wonderful surely magical super chica Vanessa at A Fanciful Twist is a Lifetime Awardee of Any Award Ever Given, so I think we'll just wave to her from over here ~~~~,so we don't disturb her, because she's doing something I can hardly stand to wait for any longer-she's sending more Weelings out into the World! Yippeee!
So thanks to Deborah and Alix and everyone who continue to make my day (even when I'm stalking your blog!)
More awards to come soooonnnnn!!!
XOXOXOXOXOXOX Rhonda Roo